Search This Blog

Sunday 19 December 2010

Minipops goes slower!

Matt took apart the Minipops and fixed it so it's slower. I now have a workstation in the home studio with a little Mackie desk and various bits, an old tape recorder (one of those industrial ones from a primary school), the Minipops drum machine, the Microkorg, and the gooseneck mic from the Microkorg going straight into the other Mackie channel. I'm going to do some Christmas stories / fables using the set up on Wednesday when I've got a gig at Spoonful of Poison. I think it's Weds, better check that with Vis the Spoon, the gracious host.

I love my new set up. All I want now is a nice Moog pedal (maybe a ring modulator?) to put through the aux sends, so I can put nice processing effects on all the different sounds. Well, that is the spirit of Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got your own sound engineer! I'd like to see a Moog orchestra jam - maybe Louie Louie or Bohemian Rhapsody perhaps...

    ReplyDelete